Wednesday, July 16, 2014
How pet friendly is each U.S. state?
According to the APPA National Pet Owners Survey, about 68% of American Households own a pet. This means that renters, (homes or apartments) will need to find pet friendly properties to settle down with their furry friends. Americans will spend $58.51 Billion (Source: APPA) on their pets in 2014. That is 5 times as much as Americans spend on movie tickets each year (Source: MPAA).
RentLinx analyzed data from over 300,000 properties to find the most pet friendly places to rent in. Here is a 'heat-map' style breakdown by U.S. state indicating the states' percentage of pet friendly rental properties. Just click on each state to see its respective percentage of pet friendliness.
Here are the top 10 states with pet friendly rentals:
1. New Mexico (91%)
2. Montana (90%)
3. Louisiana (85%)
4. Oregon (83%)
5. Arizona (81.4%)
6. Washington (80.8%)
7. Indiana (79.1%)
8. Oklahoma (79%)
9. Missouri (77.1%)
10. Nevada (77%)
Breaking it down further, Texas has the highest concentration of cities with pet friendly rentals.
#1 - San Marcos, TX
#2 - Round Rock, TX
98% of rental properties allow either dogs, cats, or both
#3 - Fort Worth, TX
93% of rental properties allow either dogs, cats, or both
Looking for your next pet friendly rental property? Search on ShowMeTheRent to find it now!
- Hottest Rental Markets in U.S. - 2014
- New 'Renter Portal' Feature on RentLinx
- Catch RentLinx at the NAA Conference in Denver
- Floor Plan Names - A RentLinx Study
- New "Renter Alerts" Feature
- What marketing techniques work best for you?
- Heartbleed Security Flaw: Is RentLinx Safe?
- New: Post your rentals on your website!
- Need Help with RentLinx?
- 7 Quick Listing Tips (6 are Free!)