Thursday, August 14, 2014
How to fight back against scammers listing your properties!
The Bad News: There is no way to stop a scammer from copying one of your online ads and posting it with a lower rent and their own contact information. Of course, the scammers do this because they are trying to cheat an innocent renter out of their security deposit.
The Good News: You can fight back! Take these simple steps:
1. Set up a Google alert at: http://www.google.com/alerts. Put your property address in the 'Search Query' box.
2. Google will email you when they find your property address on the Internet. Of course, some of the alerts will be for your legitimate ads. Just check for any ads with a lower rent.
3. When you find a scammer ad, go to the scammer ad and flag it as fraudulent. The website will remove it.
Scammers are looking for easy prey. By fighting back, you won't stop them completely, but at least you'll block their efforts to scam renters using your property information. And, you'll stop the confusion of renters seeing your property at a lower rent.
- Let it go to voice mail. No big deal, right?
- Share Your Properties on Facebook & Twitter
- How pet friendly is each U.S. state?
- Hottest Rental Markets in U.S. - 2014
- New 'Renter Portal' Feature on RentLinx
- Catch RentLinx at the NAA Conference in Denver
- Floor Plan Names - A RentLinx Study
- New "Renter Alerts" Feature
- What marketing techniques work best for you?
- Heartbleed Security Flaw: Is RentLinx Safe?