Wednesday, October 22, 2014
3 Things You Should Know Before Renting Your House
So, you've purchased an investment house or duplex, or you're thinking of renting out your own home. Either way, you should know these 3 things before advertising your property for rent:
1. Will you accept Section 8 Vouchers? Section 8 Vouchers are also known as Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV). When you sign a lease with a renter who has a Section 8 Voucher, the government will pay part, or all, of the rent -- directly to you. In order to accept a Section 8 Voucher, your property must pass an inspection. In most States, the inspection will be conducted after you find a renter interested in your property. Section 8 is a Federal program administered by the States. Contact your local State Housing Finance Agency for more information.
2. How much will your monthly rent be? Start by researching the rent for comparable houses in your area. Go to one of these main rental websites, enter your property address and look for houses with the same number of bedrooms within a 2-5 mile radius:
www.RentLinx.com, input your property address, your email address and click on "List for Free".
Questions? Contact us at support@RentLinx.com or 800-510-5469
- 4 Powerful (but Little Known) RentLinx Tips!
- It's "Fun Feature Friday"!
- NEW: Your Renter Brochure
- Fresh is better!
- How to fight back against scammers listing your pr...
- Let it go to voice mail. No big deal, right?
- Share Your Properties on Facebook & Twitter
- How pet friendly is each U.S. state?
- Hottest Rental Markets in U.S. - 2014
- New 'Renter Portal' Feature on RentLinx